Re: Toshiba Satellite M30X laptop

Author: Stephen
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Toshiba Satellite M30X laptop
I have been a big fan for notebooks/Laptops to run Ubuntu. it stays
light compared to some, and it has some very good tools and
considerations for mobile use. use Ubuntu or Kbuntu as you prefer. and
the repository is quite good as well.

that said Gentoo is a decent choice as well, however it is a lot more
involved to get running but can be very specifically tailored to what
you want. Or possibly OpenSUSE, but while it may have lots of bells
and whistles it loads a TON of stuff.

I think Ubuntu for notebooks would be the better call. keeping most of
the others for more Desktop based systems.

On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 7:27 AM, James Finstrom
<> wrote:
> I ran a year on a m35x with kubuntu. I have found ubuntus insane 6
> month release cycle makes it gold for new hardware and most old
> hardware works by simply installing the module back ports. A lot of
> folks don't like ubuntu but I work on borked centos boxes all day so
> when I get home I want things to just work. That said the next big
> thing is suppose to be pclinuxos so it may be worth a look
>
> On 10/18/08, mike havens <> wrote:
>> I've done web searches but I prefer talking one-on-many. Which is the best
>> laptop distro? Please be aware that if the group-decision is a dvd I will
>> need someone to burn it as I do not have a dvd-burner. (besides, us weekend
>> warriors need a little activity on-list)
>>
>> --
>> :-)~MIKE~(-:
>>

> --
> Sent from my mobile device
>
> James Finstrom
> Rhino Equipment Corp.
> All Rhino products are made in America, 100% Money Back Guarantee, and
> have a 5 Year warranty.
> Sometimes for it to "just work" you have to think outside the box!
> Phone: 1-877-RHINO-T1 ~ FAX: +1 (480) 961-1826
> IP: asterisk.rhinoequipment.com ~ FWD: 633686

> this in error, please contact the sender and delete the email and its
> attachments from all computers.

Stephen