Re: Infiltrating my brothers Auto repair shop

Author: Stephen
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Infiltrating my brothers Auto repair shop
Google fu must be strong here are some things that have come up...

http://www.windriver.com/products/platforms/automotive/
http://www.dashwerks.com/
http://www.dashpc.com/

not sure what you are looking for but some sort of
inventory/invoicing/quoting system would be needed and the obvious
office applications...

let me know if you would like i can point you at a equivalence list
for software.

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 4:14 PM, James Finstrom
<> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> So my brother owns a local auto repair business and is pretty well
> computerized. There are some applications that require windows to run and
> wine doesn't cut it. What I would like to do is to take his current needs
> and exploit those so I can widdle away his dependencies and bring him to
> Linux. Currently he needs a shop management program and I thought this would
> be perfect. I have googled but the spammers own and I have had no luck. Does
> anyone know of a Linux based Automotive shop management application I can
> run under Linux?
>

> James Finstrom
> Rhino Equipment Corp.
> All Rhino products are made in America, 100% Money Back Guarantee, and have
> a 5 Year warranty.
> Sometimes for it to "just work" you have to think outside the box!
> Phone: 1-877-RHINO-T1 ~ FAX: +1 (480) 961-1826
> IP: asterisk.rhinoequipment.com ~ FWD: 633686

> this in error, please contact the sender and delete the email and its
> attachments from all computers.

Stephen