Re: hdd encryption

Author: Ted Gould
To: gm5729, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: hdd encryption
On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 15:28 -0500, GK wrote:
> I use encfs/fuse as its built into the kernel, bcrypt and gpg. All run under
> GPL unlike Truecrypt which is Open Sourced but the owner holds the copywrite.
> Meaning they could pull it back, etc. Plus it is not in the Debian repos like
> the other ones.

While I don't want to distract from the discussion, but I want to
mention that even code that is GPLed or otherwise licensed, the author
always holds copyright. I have copyright to tons of code that is
released under the GPL -- most do. It's rare to have code assigned to
the FSF or other organization (except for work-for-hire).

        --Ted