Re: Disable winbindd?

Author: Eric Shubert
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: Disable winbindd?
Alan Dayley wrote:
> We have a Linux file server providing Windows shares with Samba. We
> need to stop using the Windows domain to authenticate users and use
> the server local user IDs and passwords for share access. I think
> this means we need to disable winbindd. But I'm not sure.
>
> What are the Samba settings we need to change and look at to get this done?
>
> Alan

I don't believe winbindd has much if anything to do with authentication.

I'm not clear about what your situation is. Are you saying that it's
presently using a windoze (domain controller) server for authentication, and
now you want samba to handle authentication (making samba the domain
controller)?

--
-Eric 'shubes'