Re: OT.. ADVICE: HP or Macbook

Author: Mark Phillips
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OT.. ADVICE: HP or Macbook
My experience with Windows VM is both good and bad. I could run most
programs that did not need to access external ports. Sadly, I have not
been able to get Itunes to work with my Ipod through the Windows VM. USB
ports are not supported in the VM world (yet). I am still in dual boot
world until that part of the VM puzzle works.

I think the real question for you is what are your primary uses for the
computer - optimize your purchase for those tasks and then add the
extras as you go. There is usually a solution, but it may not be optimal
(hence my little vignette above).

Mark