Red Hat Enterprise 4 & 5 : OpenSSH critical update available…

+ (text/html)
Author: Carlos Macedo Gomes
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Red Hat Enterprise 4 & 5 : OpenSSH critical update available...
<snip>
Last week Red Hat detected an intrusion on certain of its computer systems
and took immediate action. While the investigation into the intrusion is
on-going, our initial focus was to review and test the distribution
channel we use with our customers, Red Hat Network (RHN) and its associated
security measures. Based on these efforts, we remain highly confident that
our systems and processes prevented the intrusion from compromising RHN or
the content distributed via RHN and accordingly believe that customers who
keep their systems updated using Red Hat Network are not at risk. We are
issuing this alert primarily for those who may obtain Red Hat binary
packages via channels other than those of official Red Hat subscribers.
</snip>
http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2008-0855.html

Not as big as the recent Debian/Openssh issue but stilll notable.

Keep your prime numbers dry :-)

ymmv,
C.G.

--