linux drivers: Nvidia vs ATI

Author: Josh Coffman
To: plug
Subject: linux drivers: Nvidia vs ATI
Ok, before anyone says something.. I know these are closed source. I'm
fine with that although I realize some people aren't for
understandable reasons. When the open source versions support the
same features and performance with stability, I'll use it.

I need to buy a new laptop and I'm going to dual boot it. Which has
better linux drivers: ATI or NVidia?

I assume both support compiz-fusion with recent cards, right?

As an Aside, I wouldn't mind votes on my top 3 laptop vendors to choose from:
HP
Dell
Lenovo

I'm planning on getting the laptop with windows and installing Ubuntu,
Mandriva or OpenSuse myself.

--
Thanks,
Josh