Re: Kopete or Pidgin?

Author: Kurt Granroth
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Kopete or Pidgin?
They are both very good IM clients with more features than any
reasonable person could use. They also have a remarkably similar
feature set.

I've used both pretty extensively but keep coming back to Kopete. Why?
Because for my purposes, each has one advantage over the other:

o Pidgin handles jabber MUC (conference) rooms much better than Kopete.
You cannot 'invite' anybody to a MUC in Kopete, for instance

o Kopete can handle PGP/GPG encrypted messages. Pidgin cannot

It's the GPG point that seals the deal for me. I use GPG via IM
extensively and am not going to go without it. Yes, I could OTR
(supported by Pidgin) but that seems a bit too clunky.

Other than that... it's sort of a tossup.