Re: OT email letterhead?

Author: Matt Graham
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: OT email letterhead?
After a long battle with technology, Bryan O'Neal wrote:
> Mike Enriquez wrote:
>> application that will let design a business letterhead that becomes the
>> default form for email.

Um. This is something that has to be done on the MTA side, unless you have a
bunch of users who are all using the same mail client who can't change any
settings at all on that client. I'd say it's a bad idea as only the people
who aren't very bright or are using lousy clients will even *see* the HTML.

> I too would be interested. This is very easy using an ms outlook
> client, and can even be set as a configuration push in a ADS/Exchange
> environment, but I have not found anything outside that that lets you do
> it and was still smart about when/how it should use it.

I'd say it's not a good idea, ever. Well, unless you're trying to sell shiny
things to people who are easily distracted.

exim is capable of rewriting incoming (and outgoing) mail according to
a "transport filter". It's possible to do a lot with this, but it's
something I have never messed with.
http://wiki.exim.org/FAQ/Modifying_message_bodies/Q1601 is probably a great
place to start. PLEASE note the legal warnings in there. Postfix ... dunno,
Postfix is a little less Swiss-Army-knifeish than exim.

> http://www.incredimail.com/

...some highly technical people in ASR were just talking about how much they
dislike that MUA this morning.

--
We'll see how brave you are.
--Tori Amos, "Yes, Anastasia"