photo layout

Author: der.hans
To: quatsch
Subject: photo layout
moin moin,

now, for how I want to do things :)

Is there a tool that'll import a bunch of photos and let me toss them
around on various pages?

I tried scribus, but it didn't seem to like jpgs. Not that I know squat
about using scribus...

I'd like to do something like "$the_tool *jpg &" and then clicky-clicky,
draggy-draggy to move pictures around for a layout. I don't need text for
this tool, but it would be cool if I had it, especially if I could
automagically get captions or water marks that list the image's file name.

Being able to add some rough graphics and being able to do background
images and transparency and image rotations would be helpful. Being able
to crop would be awesome.

This will be for 30 to 50 pages of pictures, but I might soon need it for
other stuff as well. It will be going to dead tree. Actually, I think
it'll be going to dead dinosour as it'll probably be printed on plastics.

Maybe I should just do this with aalib and screen... ;-)

I did recently use aalib inside screen to figure out which photo had the
painting I wanted to look at.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/              https://LOPSA.org/
#  "If it's not a toy you're looking at it wrong." -- der.hans