fourcc-ms decoder?

Author: der.hans
To: quatsch
Subject: fourcc-ms decoder?
moin moin,

out of town and playing with my new camera. I'm trying to play videos from
the camera on my laptop, but none of the video players I've tried ( totem,
mplayer, vlc ) can handle it.

totem at least gives a useful error. I think all 3 segfault :(.

** Message: don't know how to handle audio/x-gst-fourcc-ms,
rate=(int)44100, channels=(int)2
** Message: Missing plugin: gstreamer|0.10|totem|audio/x-gst-fourcc-ms
decoder|decoder-audio/x-gst-fourcc-ms (audio/x-gst-fourcc-ms decoder)
Segmentation fault
no application found

$ apt-cache search fourcc
cfourcc - Command line tool for changing FourCC in Microsoft RIFF AVI
files

Does this mean I need to convert the files somehow before playing them?

/me tries aalib.... :)

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/              https://LOPSA.org/
#  "Communications without intelligence is noise;