Re: hostap card

+ (text/html)
Author: Lisa Kachold
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: hostap card
Kevin - it's going to be completely card/distro specific.

Some cards work great with Fedora Core 9 "out of the box"! Some are supported on Dell (even old laptops) onboard equipment (like Suse) while others don't work.

What is your distro, current hardware, and wish list? I would start there and then begin dividing it down. Course, if you buy from say, Fry's Electronics, if it doesn't work you can return/exchange it and you have, by that juncture, learned all the steps for a quick install with the right card/driver/modules?

Kevin Faulkner <> wrote: What would be a good wireless adaptor to use as an access point? using the
Hostap driver? I'm more so looking for a PC-card/USB stick to add to a laptop.

Also on the same note does anyone know of a Ethernet USB adaptor that will
work well with Linux?

(602)325-5325 Asterisk
(503)754-4452 Blackberry
EDVO/CDMA on Dell PII Kubuntu 7.10