Re: SQL Question - Complex ordering

Author: Judd Pickell
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: SQL Question - Complex ordering
> Also, I do not use stored procedures because the criteria changes with
> every run. Think of it like going to the cable company and asking to
> have a cable package put together where you choice from millions of
> different channels based on your interest in the programs run on those
> channels. Every person will be different.

I just wanted to take a moment and follow this theory. I admit that I
am not the greatest person at doing stored procedures, but the stored
procedure is supposed to provide a programmable way to do all the
things that you need to do. So you can modify your final output based
on the criteria passed rather than being limited by the simple sql
possibilities. Also I believe you can run stored procedures from
within stored procedures, so you can basically build a controlled
blackbox that based on the information coming in, can do many
different things.

Sincerely,
Judd Pickell