Re: Anyone need a Sun 6500? Or two...or three?

Author: alexanderhenry@cox.net
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Anyone need a Sun 6500? Or two...or three?

---- Charles Jones <> wrote:
> I don't think they would work as game servers. They are Sun servers,
> they are not x86. even if you could get sparc-linux installed on them,
> no game server binaries would run on them.

I believe that what I had in mind can be compiled to processors other than x86. I put in the request hastily but not lightly, I do need to research a few things before I decide I want this. Not the least of which is cost-benefit analysis of keeping it in a co-lo.

BTW, until I get a co-lo, will my laundry power supply work?