Re: OS & hardware issues?

Author: koder
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: OS & hardware issues?
To echo and expand on Michael March,

You need to make sure memory will port to new board.

How old are your hard drives?
If they are near end of service life, you may want to reconsider.
Are you looking at IDE vs. SATA?

Some of the new computer boxes are priced low enough that it is
debatable as to benefits of build vs. buy.

If the new MB is not too different from the old replacing it should not
be at all difficult if you have built from scratch. It is essential you
do your homework to avoid surprises.

Harold