Re: House Passes PRO IP Bill

Author: Mike Garfias
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: House Passes PRO IP Bill

On May 7, 2008, at 5:18 PM, Craig White wrote:
> ----
> and it looks like we got a choice between 2 candidates who want to
> double down on the ethanol solution.

As a car guy, I _LOVE_ ethanol. 106 octane means being able to run
13:1 compression on the street. However, the idea of making it from
corn is a stupid one. If I was a politician running for office, the
artificial constraint of a needed grain (wheat/corn) looks awfully
attractive. The US is the dominant supplier of these grains, and if
we keep the supplies artificially low, then we've brokered a position
of power in the new food economy.

I don't know if our morons running for office can think that far
ahead, but if they can, I'm sure they're thinking about this.