Re: Ubuntu boot screen

Author: Robert Holtzman
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Ubuntu boot screen
On Mon, 21 Apr 2008, Dennis Kibbe wrote:

> Fedora and Red Hat automatically switch to a more detailed view if something [FAILS]. I wonder why Ubuntu doesn't?

Probably because Ubuntu sems to be aimed at a demographic that would be
confused by the error message. I say that as a Ubuntu user. I switched
from RH 7.3 and am seriously considering going to CentOS because Ubuntu
seems as someone else has said, to be Linux with training wheels (not that
I consider myself an expert).

--
Bob Holtzman
  "The best argument against democracy is a five