[ANN] March Refactor Phoenix Meeting

Author: james
To: plug-discuss
Subject: [ANN] March Refactor Phoenix Meeting
March Refactor Phoenix Meeting

Date: Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Time:  Social stuff:       6:15pm
        We're now at Boulders on B'way!

        Presentation stuff: 7:00pm
        (We'll be bringing our video projector)

Place: Boulders on Broadway
        530 W Broadway Road
        Tempe, AZ 85282

Google map: http://rubyurl.com/SKAU

See http://www.refactorphoenix.com for details

This months general topic:

"Alternatives"

The theme is to explore alternatives to conventional tools and languages
when working with mainstream operating systems or development environments.

For example, you may be required to code for the JVM, usually the realm
of Java the language, but there are other JVM languages (Scala, JRuby,
Jython). Likewise for .Net; there's more than just C# and VB.net.

If you are developing on Windows there are alternatives to CMD.exe and
Visual Studio.

There are various cross-platform editors, IDEs, revision control
systems, etc. well worth knowing about.

Let's get together and share what we know about breaking free of
artificial development boundaries.

Refactor Phoenix is a monthly non-denominational gathering of desert
geeks, dedicated to the open exchange of information in a casual
environment.

We meet on the 4th Wednesday of each month.

If you're a (coder|programmer|software engineer|hacker|developer),
Refactor Phoenix is for you.

For more information, please see

    http://www.refactorphoenix.com

or contact