Re: perl help, please

Author: David
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: perl help, please

----- "Bart Garst" <> wrote:

> You're calling 'next' when you encounter the "abqenv () {" line -
> BEFORE
> you're adding that line to the @newfile array.
>
> I didn't debug the entire thing, but it also looks like you're doing
> the '
> same thing with the "}" (line 109 in the perl script).
>
> Hopefully this helps.
>
> Bart

I thought that since that part was in the loop where I grab the abqenv () ... } part it should be ok.

anyway, I put the "push (@newfile, $_);" line at the top of the while loop (line 101). That fixes the
'abqenv ... }' problem, but introduces a new problem. Now, I end up with this:

      abqapps) TWO_TASK=apabq; export TWO_TASK;
               abqenv;;
     devpapps) TWO_TASK=devd; export TWO_TASK;
      sysapps) TWO_TASK=apsys; export TWO_TASK;
                sysenv;;
               devpenv;;

instead of this:

      abqapps) TWO_TASK=apabq; export TWO_TASK;
               abqenv;;
      sysapps) TWO_TASK=apsys; export TWO_TASK;
                sysenv;;
     devpapps) TWO_TASK=devd; export TWO_TASK;
               devpenv;;

Thanks for the help so far,
David

--