Re: how to convert a pdf fill-in form to fixed content

+ (text/html)
Author: Charles Jones
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: how to convert a pdf fill-in form to fixed content
Josef Lowder wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 18:07:30 -0700, Charles Jones wrote
>
>> Josef Lowder wrote:
>>
>>> .
>>> Last year I used the IRS supplied pdf forms to prepare my tax returns.
>>> When I finished filling in the "fill-in" pdf forms, somehow, I converted
>>> each one to a new pdf form that had *fixed* data for printing out,
>>> emailing, etc. But now I can't remember how I did that.
>>>
>>> How does one convert a pdf "fill-in" form to a fixed content pdf file?
>>>

>> Definitely not the proper way to do it, but the last time I was in a
>> hurry to do this, I simply printed the PDF to a pdf printer
>> driver...the end result was a new PDF that was static :)
>>
>> -Charles
>>

> Thanks Charles. That sounds viable, but I'm not sure how to do that.
> I tried to print the document to a file, but reader didn't seem to
> give me that option. So how does one print to a pdf printer driver?

I'm ashamed to admin that I did it on my windows machine :-o *hangs
head in shame*
I downloaded "Primo PDF" ( http://www.primopdf.com/ ) which is a free
PDF printer driver for windows. It creates a virtual printer, that when
you print something to it, creates a PDF and lets you save it. A
terrible solution I know, but like I said I was in quite a hurry and
didn't have time to do research on how to Do The Right Thing (Tm) :)

-Charles