Re: mplayer full screen

Author: Matt Graham
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: mplayer full screen
After a long battle with technology, Deepan Chakravarthy wrote:
> I am running Fedora core 7.

Time to think about something that's non-beta and has a better upgrade path.

> When I play movies with mplayer, [they do] not play in full screen. Even if
> I press f for full screen, it plays the movie only in the center portion of
> the screen.

What's it say about video when you start it from the command line? How fast
is the CPU? mplayer with XV worked OK for me with a PII450 and an r128 video
card, but that was years and years ago.

> I also tried mplayer -vo xv movie.avi . It plays in full screen, but dies
> after [some time] saying my system is too slow. I guess [it] has [something]
> to do with the video cards.

Multiple video cards? What are their chipsets, and which X modules are you
using for them? That's "/sbin/lspci | grep VGA" and "grep
Driver /etc/X11/xorg.conf" if you don't know the answers to those questions.
Are you running in Xinerama or with separate Screens?

--
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple,
neat, and wrong.