RHCE Study Group Progress Report

Author: Dennis Kibbe
To: plug-discuss
Subject: RHCE Study Group Progress Report
Hi All,

Since there is an ongoing discussion about the RHCE test I though I'd bring everyone up to date on our study group. (Hey, Randy!)

We've gone though most of the Michael Jang book, which also has accompanying videos at www.vtc.com. Despite the s-l-o-w pace of the videos they are quite good. Well, worth the $30/mo. fee for access to the over 600 courses VTC carries.

To supplement the book and videos we are starting to use VirtualBox to create RHEL images we can pass around so each can work on a typical problem, such as fixing a broken X server, on their laptop.

The study group meets at the Cisco Learning Institute at 16th St. & Camelback from 10:00am to 11:30am Saturday mornings. Anyone is welcome and there is no fee. Just RSVP me off list with "RHCE Study Group" as the Subject line so we know you're coming. The building isn't open to the public on the weekends.

Dennisk