Re: rhce difficulty / focus

Author: Joey Prestia
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: rhce difficulty / focus
Joshua Zeidner wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 9:03 AM, Joey Prestia <> wrote:
>> Randy Melder wrote:
>> > Wondering if anyone in the list has taken the RHCE exam in the last two years?
>> >
>> > What did it cover? What surprises were there?
>> >
>> > Also, did you use the book "RHCE Red Hat Certified Engineer Linux
>> > Study Guide (Exam RH302) (Certification Press)" to prepare? How would
>> > you rate it?
>> >
>> > Thanks!
>> >
>> Randy,
>>
>> I have not taken the test, but I got to the RedHat Academy at Estrella
>> Mountain Community College and Know this they make you sign a non
>> disclosure agreement when you take the test so that you cannot talk
>> about the test or they will take your certification.
>
> Wow, thats pretty extreme! I've never heard of that kind of tactic
> before. Do you know if this NDA exists somewhere online? or are you
> not allowed to talk about that either? :)
>
>> Which I can understand.
>
> Seems a bit excessive to me, its a cost saving measure in that they
> don't have to have as many questions, etc. The whole 'adaptive
> testing' movement was born of this very situation.

I'm not certified yet but as a student at EMCC have asked questions and
all I get is the same answer that their not allowed to say. I was told
it was so that teachers don't teach to the test to help the students
pass the test thereby lowering the value of the certification. No I
haven't seen it any where online but have found several articles online
mentioning it http://www.linux.com/articles/35283

--
Joey Prestia
L. G. Mirror Coordinator