Re: Vista and Linux

Author: Nathan Aubrey
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Vista and Linux
On Thursday 06 March 2008 20:40:18 Jim wrote:
> I just got a Compac Presario with Vista on it. Does anyone have any
> hints on making it a dual boot machine by adding Mandriva 2007 and/or
> Unbutu 7.04?
>
> Tia
>
> Jim

Reboot the computer using a Knoppix cd. Once loaded, run qtparted and shrink
your ntfs partition to half of what it is. Once this completes, you can
reboot with your Mandriva cd and allow it to use the free space on the drive
to install linux.

Mandriva may even shrink the partition for you. It certainly will not mess it
up. Despite what many say, Vista dual-boots fairly well.

If you intend to keep Vista, you had better make those restore cds first.
Just in case...

nathan