Anti-virus for Linux - is it time? Will it ever be?

+ (text/html)
Author: jordi laforge
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Anti-virus for Linux - is it time? Will it ever be?
I'm my 8 years of using Linux I've not once had a box infected with any kind
of Malware. I've only read that there are some 40 viruses for linux, and
most of those are "proof of concept". My place of employment is considering
buying virus scanning software from a popular anti-virus software company.
I'm wondering what the Plug list thinks? Is it time to start thinking about
this? Is anyone running anti-virus software on their boxens?
Thanks.