Re: Trouble sending email to yahoo

Author: Jorge Delacruz
To: Main PLUG discussion list, Arizona State University Linux Users Group
Subject: Re: Trouble sending email to yahoo
I have been having the same problem for months. The
error I get is:

@4000000047cea18b05f4ecdc starting delivery 20036: msg
13011279 to remote
@4000000047cea18b132e35ac delivery 20036: deferral:
Connected_to_68.142.202.247_but_greeting_failed./Remote_host_said:_421_Message_from_(64.85.162.6)_temporarily_deferred_-_4.16.50._Please_refer_to_http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/defer/defer-06.html/

I've gone to the page referenced in the error, filled
it out and nothing happens.

The messages sit in the queue for a few hours before
finally getting delivered.

JD

--- Bryan O'Neal <> wrote:

> I have two mail servers (different domains) I own
> plus two more outside
> email addresses and non of them can send to
> @yahoo.com addresses for
> several days. Anyone else having trouble?
>
> The domains are cornerstonehome.com,
> harriscapitalmortgage.com,
> hotmail.com, and loopadvertising.com.
>
> The first two are both servers I own, different IP's
> same router all on
> a TWTC network. The next one is obvious... Hotmail,
> and the third is
> operated by GoDaddy.com. No dice with any of them.
> The first two are
> in good health and can send to other addresses just
> fine, the MTU
> accepted by yahoo is the same as my default max MTU
> and I can trace it
> down in 7 hops, so it does not seem like a
> connectivity issue. I don't
> get bounces, I just can't deliver.

Jorge Delacruz