perl/weechat help

Author: gm5729
To: plug-discuss
Subject: perl/weechat help
i am using the

weechat.flashtux.org/scripts/automode.pl

script but it does not appear to be working correctly... the default
mode_list.txt file format maybe what is hindering me... i have my file
set up as
network #channel nick!username@*.blah.blah.blah v

what i want to do is voice pple coming in.. however it seems like this
script is just voicing a particular nick no matter what regex they
come in on.. that wont work for me.. i need to match both nick,
username and regex mask b4 voice is given... im sure this is just a
minor glitch but im not familiar enough with perl to make the changes
even though i can basically follow the logic of the script....

# mode_list.txt has the following format:
# network channel mask mode
# For example:
# freenode #weechat FlashCode!.* o
# So, if FlashCode joins #weechat on freenode network, his mode will
be set to o (channel operator).

ideas, suggestions, tell me to f'off.. lol.. any help would be great... thanks