Re: Stammtische this Tues

+ (text/html)
Author: Charles Jones
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Stammtische this Tues
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Stammtische
"/Stammtische is the plural of the German word Stammtisch.
      A Stammtisch is a regular table where a regular group of
      people meet to drink & eat."

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Stammtisch

"/Literally speaking, the word Stammtisch is a table in a bar or
restaurant which is reserved for the same guests at the same time every
day or every week. There is usually a sign on the table saying
"Stammtisch". If you don't belong to this table, don't attempt to sit
there! In the most traditional German beer halls there is a large brass
plaque above the table with the word Stammtisch printed on it in bold
lettering."