Re: 5th undersea cable cut!

Author: Charles Jones
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: 5th undersea cable cut!
I've read most of the conspiracy theories regarding why anyone would
want to take Iran off the net. The one that makes the most sense i,s
that it was done to delay the opening of the "Iran Oil Bourse", which
was due to open between Feb 1-11. What is the Bourse? (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iranian_Oil_Bourse) Basically a trading
market where Iran will sell their oil, petrochemicals, and gas. Why
would we want to stop that? Because they are not allowing US dollars to
be traded, effectively banning the US from their market, which would
have major impact on the value of the dollar.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=37468&sectionid=351020103

Interestingly, I also found an article (
http://www.energybulletin.net/12125.html ) that was published over two
years ago. The article was about the then "proposed" Iranian Oil Bourse,
and how it was deemed to be a serious danger to the Amercian financial
market and economy. The article goes on to predict what would happen if
the Bourse actually came online. The *first* in the list of predicted
possible actions is:

"Sabotaging the Exchange—this could be a computer virus, network,
communications, or server attack, various server security breaches, or a
9-11-type attack on main and backup facilities."

Hmmm isn't this exactly what we are seeing? ... and right before the
Iranian Oil Bourse is due to go online...coincidence? If this is really
happening, I feel sorry for whoever gets elected President, as that is
one heck of a hot potato that will be dropped in their lap.