Re: Semi OT: MySQL memory probs...

Author: Randy Melder
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Semi OT: MySQL memory probs...
Tried it, gave up. Lots of compiler errors.

If anyone wants to share a ./configure that works w/Intel Mac.. I'm all ears.

; )

On Jan 28, 2008 2:33 PM, Craig White <> wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-01-28 at 14:30 -0800, Randy Melder wrote:
> > We've got an environment with ALL innodb tables and been forced to use
> > OS X servers. They are total memory and CPU hogs. Just hoping there
> > were some people that had some insight into OS X server, why it abuses
> > virtual memory and how best to deploy mysql on it.
> >
> > Me thinks that the MySQL binary has memory leaks... but that's just a guess.
> ----
> you can compile it yourself from source...that's the beauty of source
> code
>
> Note my best behavior here not using the opportunity to trash Mac OS X
>
> ;-)
>

> Craig

NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and
is for the use only of the intended recipient. If you are not the
intended recipient, any disclosure, copy, distribution or other use of
this information is prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error please notify us immediately by telephone and
delete or discard this message immediately.