Re: how best to convert a pdf to a high-res jpg?

Author: Josef Lowder
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: how best to convert a pdf to a high-res jpg?
.
On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 14:49, Kristian Erik Hermansen wrote
> On Jan 22, 2008 2:42 PM, Josef Lowder <> wrote:
> > But as a result of your suggestion, I checked man convert
> > and then googled the 'net but have not been able to find a
> > syntax example for the use of the -quality option.
>
> I think...
> $ convert -quality 100 file.pdf file.jpg

Tried that and got the same (unsatisfactory) result as when I used
just convert file.pdf file.jpg. The resulting image has inverted
colors kind of like a negative. So I tried doing it to file.png
instead of to .jpg and that produced the correct colors but very
poor resolution.

== Someone else suggested:
> http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/graphics/a2ping/
> http://www.inf.bme.hu/~pts/sam2p/
>
> a2ping is often included with TeTeX, but I haven't used sam2p.

$ sudo aptitude install texlive-base-bin sam2p

I'm using Mandriva and do not find either 'aptitude' or 'texlive'
or 'sam2p' or 'xsane' on my system.

Hummm. Now what?

I know my source pdf file is very high res because when I zoom
it up to 400%, every detail is very precise and crisp. The image
I am trying to convert is a book cover design that can be seen
at this link: http://www.MostEssential.com/most.pdf

I need to convert this to a jpg so I can get a high-res photo
print of this file.