Ossim

Author: Edward Terry
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Ossim
I'm looking for someone who is involved or interested in becoming
involved in OssimPlanet (http://www.ossim.org/OSSIM/ossimPlanet.html)
and who would like to take on a small software development project. It
would probably require some experience in GIS.

OssimPlanet is an open-source virtual globe, similar in many ways to
Google Earth and NASA World Wind. Delta3D (http://www.delta3d.org) is
an open-source game and simulation engine. OssimPlanet lacks physics,
while Delta3D lacks terrain. Neither by itself is sufficient for
creating a game or simulation set in the real world, but the two
together could be very effective.

The projects have discussed integration, but haven't done anything about
it due to lack of time.

http://www.delta3d.org/forum/viewtopic.php?forum=12&showtopic=2546

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=4758F551.1040301%40highacres.net&forum_name=ossim-developer

I'm interested in designing a game using OssimPlanet and Delta3D, but
I'm not a programmer or software developer. (I plan to write my ruleset
in XML using an abstraction layer called the Ruleset Modeling Language,
described at http://www.projectangela.org and
http://www.projectangela.org/forum.) Thus, I'm looking for someone with
the skill and interest to take on the necessary integration for a modest
fee. I don't know at this point how difficult it would be; at least one
poster (granx) on the Delta3D thread seemed to think it wouldn't be too
difficult, but of course he may be wrong.

Edward