Re: hide files from unix FS in samba

Author: Matrix Mole
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: hide files from unix FS in samba
Craig White wrote:
| veto files is absolute and files and folders with matching names will
| not appear (and can't be saved - DANGER HERE) and might be what you are
| looking for.

Looking through the smb.conf man page regarding veto files, it sounds
very much like what I'm after. When I get home this evening, I'll tweak
my smb.conf file and see if that works. Regarding the saving/deleting of
these files, I'm not too concerned, the samba share is read only, so
there should be no deleting/saving of the files in the share anyway, but
I can see how it could be extremely dangerous. Thank you for pointing
out this directive to me.

Matrix Mole