Re: csync2

Author: der.hans
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: csync2
Am 05. Jan, 2008 schwätzte Kurt Granroth so:

> Wayne Davis wrote:
>> What about "BackupPC"?
>
> Ah, BackupPC... the backup solution that's too cool by halves and too
> complicated by thirds. Or something.
>
> BackupPC is a wonderful solution for backing up multiple similar
> workstations to one central backup server. BUT, it is a veritable bear
> to setup. And it sometimes works in ways that I don't quite understand.
> Although, maybe I just need to read some some more docs.

Yes, I've been unhappy with trying to debug BackupPC problems.

> Anyway, I got it 99% working a month or so ago and it definitely slick.
> It compresses and pools all of the backups so you can backup multiple
> workstations with similar content (same source files, for instance) at a
> fraction of the space that would be needed with a simple solution like
> rsnapshot.
>
> That 1% that's not working is confounding me, though...

What's not working? Not that I'm an expert, but maybe I figured out the 1%
you haven't figured out. You've either gotten the 30% I haven't figured
out or it doesn't affect you :).

ciao,

der.hans
#  C'est la Net - der.hans