Re: What the RIAA really said.

Author: Chris Gehlker
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: What the RIAA really said.

On Jan 2, 2008, at 7:38 AM, Craig White wrote:

> The RIAA did not have to prove:
>
>      * That Thomas downloaded anything;
>      * That she had a copy of Kazaa;
>      * That she was the actual person sharing the files in question.
>      * That she was aware of alleged sharing of files on her computer.

> I'm not even sure how they got past the copyright ownership issue.

Here is my take on Jammie Thomas

I think the weight of the evidence shows that she was using file
sharing software to obtain music. I think she angered bot the judge
and the jury by denying it.

Having said that, I think both the judge and the jury were bat-shit.
The RIAA is so lucky that I wasn't on the jury. It is simply crazy to
punish people more severely for downloading music than for shoplifting
the CDs.
---
Neither a man nor a crowd nor a nation can be trusted to act humanely
or to think sanely under the influence of a great fear.

-Bertrand Russell, philosopher, mathematician, author, Nobel laureate
(1872-1970)