Re: What the RIAA really said.

Author: Chris Gehlker
To: Main PLUG discussion list
New-Topics: Re: What the RIAA really said. (Charles Goyette!)
Subject: Re: What the RIAA really said.

On Jan 1, 2008, at 9:30 PM, Joshua Zeidner wrote:

> well I tend to divide 'activism' into distinct stages:
>
> 1. Spleen Venting
>
> 2. Interest Group Forming
>
> 3. Lobbying, calling Congressmen, etc.
>
> 4. Legal Action
>
> I think at this point, that you've established that the corporations
> are bastards. Time to progress to stage II. Honestly, I think a lot
> more of our complaints would be heard and acted upon if we stopped
> being so obsessed with looking intelligent in email and perhaps
> organize a bit?

Lawrence Lessig is advising Obama on IP issues and is going around
saying that Obama 'gets it'. I don't want to take a simplistic, 'one
issue', approach to politics but if IP is your primary concern then
clearly you have your champion. Just support him.
--
Seven Deadly Sins? I thought it was a to-do list!