Re: Is it yet possible to _really_ switch from Windows?

Author: eric©
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Is it yet possible to _really_ switch from Windows?
In my case, there are no games involved (well other than AssaultCube
and Wesnoth :D) I suppose my usage would best be described as home
office use - web browsing, email, word proc/spreadsheets (been real
happy with Open Office), and the occasional MP3 or movie. I'm not
averse to learning how to make the OS work with various pieces of
hardware, I'm just getting sick of the same things breaking in
different ways over and over again. Like I said, I really don't have
the desire to fiddle with the thing on a semi-daily basis anymore. In
all honesty, XP has been very stable for me (I know...I just answered
my own question as to what OS to use), but frankly, I really like the
whole open source/free software concept, not to mention being able to
do quick config changes via command line/text file. Application wise,
I've been mostly happy with the Linux offerings, just seems like the
core OS has left a bit to be desired.

eric