RE: linux linear programming model

Author: Bryan O'Neal
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: RE: linux linear programming model
Short version:
I too would like to know

Long, and rather unhelpful version:
This sort of thing was a quarter semester in my calc 2 class. We used
Mathematica but you can use any calc program, or linear algebra program
with multiply result sets you can then fashion into a single function.
What I believe you're looking for is a function that represents the
surface of a multi dimensional object that represents the derivative of
the possible functions and thus returns the highest result, with each
variable falling into a min/max range, at any point on the surface.

It was fun, if you find a good modeling program let me know there are a
number of maximum profitability equations that I just 'rule of thumb'
because doing the math by hand is way to tedious.