Re: Defining "PC" categories -- was Walmart PC's are gone

Author: Josef Lowder
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: Defining "PC" categories -- was Walmart PC's are gone
.
On Fri, 16 Nov 2007, keith smith wrote
> I'm not aware of MicroSoft giving away anything.
> Can you provide an example?

Oh, and leave us not forget that Bill Gates, the great
philanthropist, has personally given away some percentage
of the gargantuan fortune that he has amassed.

Let's see, if my calculations are right, I believe that
the proportion of his total beneficence would amount to
approximately the equivalence of a family with an annual
income of $50,000 giving almost $20.00 per year in total
charitable giving.