Re: sad day on PLUG

Author: der.hans
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: sad day on PLUG
Am 09. Nov, 2007 schwätzte Josef Lowder so:

moin moin,

> On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 10:51, der.hans wrote
>> We don't need flame wars.
>> ... [snipped] ...
>> If you want more posts about PCLinuxOS, make them.
>

> I specifically stated that it was *not* my intent
> to start a flame war.

I didn't think you were. Sorry if the way I responded implied otherwise!

> My message was not a complaint or criticism or negative
> post in any sense. I merely expressed "curiosity" about
> the apparent lack of interest within the PLUG community for
> a distro that seems to have such wide-spread interest among
> a large number of Linux users (apparently greater interest
> than in any other distro). I had merely hoped that perhaps
> some other PLUG members might have some thoughts to share
> about it (and thankfully one did).
>
> I apologize if my post was offensive in some way.

Not at all. At least not to me. I see that my statement was a little
blunt. That wasn't my intention. It also wasn't intended as a challenge.
It was intended as an invitation.

I was trying to quickly say that everyone should post about things they
find interesting, provided it's related to GNU/Linux or Free Software. Not
that anyone needs my permission. I was just trying to indicate there's no
reason to be shy :).

ciao,

der.hans
#  "I have faith in debian-legal." -- Ted Gould