Re: sad day on PLUG

Author: der.hans
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: sad day on PLUG
Am 09. Nov, 2007 schwätzte Craig White so:

> On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 09:22 -0700, Dan Lund wrote:
>> Most have moved on to other distributions I'd imagine.
>>
>> On Nov 9, 2007 9:20 AM, Craig White <> wrote:
>>> When Fedora 8 gets released and not a single person comments...
>>>
> ----
> I keep forgetting that some people like to trash other distributions

Let's try to keep it good-natured bashing. ${somevar:+"$somevar and more"}

> I honestly don't know what 'most' do
>
> I do know that there are many choices and think that choice is a good
> thing and some friendly competition between the distributions benefits
> everyone.
>
> I agree with Alan that Pulse Audio seems to be a good thing.

There are good things about all of the distributions. There might also be
limitations. If you want a post about Fedora 8 being released why don't
you make a post with a subject about the release and give us a rundown of
what's new and improved.

> They are also providing some mechanism to subscribe to Codec Buddy for
> end users to purchase a licensed copy of patented/restricted license
> codecs (not my issue but I'm good with it).

Hmmm, not sure I'm good with this. I see the benefit, but I think it's
going the wrong direction. I'm sure Darrin will pipe up about how it's a
bad thing :).

We all have our opinions. Through discussion of different opinions and
perspectives we all get the opportunity to learn.

I didn't know about the Pulse Audio thing until Alan mentioned it last
night. I'm definitely interested in learning more. Maybe that could be a
presentation in the near future...

ciao,

der.hans
#  I chose to use the kernel sources as my documentation.  ;-)
#  -- Kevin Buettner