Re: sad day on PLUG

Author: Siri Amrit Kaur
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: sad day on PLUG
On Friday 09 November 2007, Josef Lowder kindly wrote:

> PCLinuxOS seems to me to be in all ways superior and far
> more polished than Ubuntu or any other personal use distro.
>
> Again, this is not intended to denigrate any other distro
> or to start a flame war, but merely a point of curiousity
> as to why nobody on this PLUG list ever seems to comment
> on using PCLinuxOS.

I've also wondered why PCLinuxOS seldom gets mentioned in this group. I've
used Slackware, Debian, Ubuntu, Mandrake/Mandriva, Fedora, and OpenSuse
(that I can remember). For a desktop system, PCLOS is the easiest to install
and everything just works. The developers put in so much attention to
detail, the community is supportive...

Craig's probably right about PCLOS being better for a stand-alone or small
network rather than a large enterprise system, but for what it was designed
for, it's amazing. For people coming over to Linux for the first time from
Windows, I think it's much easier than Ubuntu.

Just my $0.02.

Siri Amrit
--
Tigerflag Natural Perfumery, LLC