Re: $200 linux PC at Walmart

Author: Joshua Zeidner
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: $200 linux PC at Walmart
On 11/3/07, Michael Havens <> wrote:
> wallyworld is at it again, eh?
> whatever happened with the first time they were offering a linux box anyway?

I believe that program was through Linspire:

This kind of PC is OK for a the top %5 of users (tech knowledge
wise), but the average user just wants support of their office apps
and the ability to play video games. I believe this $200 unit
actually comes with support of Google's Office apps. I really think
it'll give M$ a run for its money.

( not really sure what the recent spike in MSFT is all about )

http://finance.google.com/finance?chdnp=1&chdd=1&chds=1&chdv=1&chvs=maximized&chdeh=0&chfdeh=0&chdet=1194147467000&chddm=177404&q=NASDAQ:MSFT

-jmz

--
.0000. communication.