Re: USB Wifi

Author: Matt Graham
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: USB Wifi
From: "jordi laforge" <>
> On 10/19/07, Dazed_75 <> wrote:
> > On 10/19/07, jordi laforge <> wrote:
> > > Can anyone recommend a good usb wifi adapter for use with Linux?
> > For what Linux?
> I'm talking for Linux

I'd *hope* so. I believe that what Dazed_75 meant was "Which version
of which distro are you using?"

> more specifically one of those usb dongle adapters.

The source for a vanilla 2.6.22.1 kernel shows only one mentioned USB
802.11 device that I can find. This is any hardware based on the Zydas
ZD1201 chip. I'm sure that there are plenty of other devices that could
be made to work with ndiswrapper. There's a list of USB networking
devices at http://qbik.ch/usb/devices/showdevcat.php?id=16 , so it might
be useful to go there and see if there's anything mentioned there that
you can obtain via pricewatch/Newegg/Fried Hardware. HTH,