torrent question

Author: Dazed_75
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: torrent question
I constantly see advice that for using a torrent I should set my
router to port forward a number of ports to the using computer.
Problem is that there may be more than one computer on the LAN using
torrents now that they are so prevalent. For example, I have an old
and a new gaming machine with different games that use torrents for
patch days. I download a lot of Linux distros (normally on a Linux
box) to try and torrents are great for that. I don't typically
download any music but if I did it would be on my media machine.

So the question is how does one deal with that sine the router can
only forward those ports to a single machine. One thought might be to
forward one or two of those ports to each using machine. How do
people deal with this issue?

--
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being
either proven right or pleasantly surprised.