Re: qmail WAS How difficult is it to run your own email serv…

Author: Bill Jonas
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Re: qmail WAS How difficult is it to run your own email server?
On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 04:18:38PM -0700, JT Moree wrote:
> We use qmail at work. I dont like it for the following reasons:

I agree with everything you said. I stumbled across the following page
the other day: http://shearer.org/MTA_Comparison

It lays out the case pretty objectively, IMO. I'd quote some of the
good parts from the qmail section, but I'd wind up quoting the whole
thing. :-)

In a much less objective fashion, the author of *this* page makes his
own case against qmail:
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/index.php?page=warez#djb

I use qmail at work and dislike it. On my personal server, I just
switched to Postfix from Sendmail, and I really wouldn't mind switching
our work systems to Postfix. :-)

--
Bill Jonas    *        *    http://www.billjonas.com/
"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your front door.  You step