OT - Server spec's, need opinion.

Author: Bryan O'Neal
To: Arizona State University Linux Users Group, Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: OT - Server spec's, need opinion.
Ok, so I am thinking about moving some stuff in house. In particular a
mostly dynamic website that users some backend java and a mail server.
The mail server is pretty low key, handling maybe 30K messages a day.
The web server is expected to get about 300K hits a day. How big of a
server do I really need?
I was thinking Cent OS5 running Apache/TomCat/MySQL with procmail. And
I was thinking I could easily getaway with something like a dual core
3GHz(x1333FBS) with 4GB Ram and a 4 SAS/SATA disks in a RAID5 area.
Suggestions? Is this going to be big enough or am I low balling it?

Bryan O'Neal
Cornerstone Homes & Development, Inc.
4220 E. McDowell Rd Ste. #108
Mesa, AZ 85215