Re: asterisk: forward disconnect and Cox

Author: Jon M. Hanson
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: asterisk: forward disconnect and Cox
I, too, would like to eventually get Asterisk set up at hy mouse if for
no other reason to say I have my own PBX (not to mention the extensive
features that Asterisk has). I'm thinking of installing Asterisk@Home
(now TrixBox).

Fortunately my entire house (phone jacks and network jacks) are all CAT
5e so it should be really simple to set up IP phones throughout the
house.

I am going to need the analog adaptor for my cordless phone and the
add-in card to interface with the PSTN (I'm not going pure
voice-over-IP). Can someone make some recomendations for the analog
phone adaptors? Also, I'd like some links on where to find the PSTN
interface cards below if possible.

I actually have two incoming lines (one goes to a fax machine). Is there
a way for Asterisk to detect an incoming fax and then store it for
e-mailing or display later? If so then I wouldn't need the separate line
and I could just let Asterisk automatically detect an incoming fax call.