Help for a newbie

+ (text/html)
Author: Cary Mabe
To: plug-discuss
Subject: Help for a newbie
Hi, pluggers! I'm very very new at this, and I'm having a ball getting my feet wet with linux. I've already solved quite a few of my own questions with a little research, but I'm not sure this is gonna be an every day kinda question. Here goes. . . . I've been having no luck at all burning an audio cd (any kind of CD, really) with the linux system. I don't think that it is any problem with any of the cd writing tools I'm using (I've tried several) I think the problem lies with the fact that my drives cd, hd, etc. are all showing up as scsi drives when they are all on ide. I'm new but I don't think that's normal!! if it's not, just as an exercise, I'd really like to try to fix that without reinstalling. Thanks to anybody who responds in advance!

Cary