Re: VPS provider recommendations

Author: Jeremy C. Reed
To: Main PLUG discussion list
Subject: Re: VPS provider recommendations
On Wed, 5 Sep 2007, Mike Garfias wrote:

> I would prefer Xen to the other crap thats in use. There seems to be
> a great variation in the service levels (both price and in what the
> machines offer).
>
> The other requirement is that I have to run debian on there. No rpm-
> based distros for me.
>
> Anyone have any recommendations?

I have used unixshell/tektonic for about 23 months. I am using Debian
Linux on Xen. They seem fine to me with very little downtime. It was used
for a light-use web server for less than a year and a DNS server for all
the time. For past 8 months, it has also ran a Subversion server (via
SSH).

Jeremy C. Reed

p.s. I also use prgmr but I have had many outages. I use NetBSD on Xen
there.

p.p.s. I am looking for a other low-cost Xen providers that offer *BSD
hosting. Anyone know of any?
2A